A Hardworking, Versatile Machine That You Can Rely On.
Case IH Maxxum® series tractors combine efficient power with operator convenience. Powered by FPT engines, these multipurpose workhorse tractors deliver increased productivity, performance and fuel efficiency to keep your operation running smoothly.
Greater Operator Comfort, More Flexibility
Model Year 2022 Maxxum MultiController series tractors deliver the kind of unmatched comfort and convenience that makes long days shorter and productive days even more efficient. With upgrades to the cab, lighting systems, exterior features and more, operators will enjoy a series of new convenience enhancements to a tractor that’s long been known for its rugged reliability on countless operations.
Lighting & Styling
- New rear-view mirror design and enhanced LED beacon lights provide additional visibility for greater operator accuracy, while an updated lighting system creates a uniformly lit work area.
- Low-mounted front wiper provides maximum visibility in all field conditions.
- New steps, monitor bar, battery cutoff switch and elastic hood closing rope put operator convenience front and center.
- Enhanced quality and new features, such as an in-cab cool box, provide exceptional operator comfort.
- Hi-eSCR2 emissions technology allows for longer service intervals — 750 hours for engine oil and 1,500 hours for transmission fluid.
- New loader joystick with reverser provides greater drivability.
Customize Your Maxxum Tractor to Meet Your Needs
Choose from Maxxum ActiveDrive 4, Maxxum ActiveDrive 8 or Maxxum CVXDrive configurations to best suit the way you plan to use your Maxxum tractor. Need help deciding?
Maxxum ActiveDrive 4
- Versatile workhorse with the proven 16x16 semi-powershift transmission.
- Ideal for tasks all across the farm from fieldwork to livestock feeding.
- Customize with the features and comforts you desire.
Maxxum ActiveDrive 8
- New ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission delivers a wider range of working speeds without torque interruptions.
- Advanced technology of MultiControl Armrest and MultiFunction Handle places most-frequently used functions in one hand for easy operation.
- An optional advanced loader joystick allows you to shift gears from the loader joystick.
- Outstanding choice for long, demanding days in the field, whether planting, baling hay or doing chores around the farmstead.
- Simple-to-operate CVXDrive continuously variable transmission delivers seamless speed changes while maintaining power to the ground.
- Automatically and continuously finds the most efficient gear ratio and engine speed.
- Excellent choice for loader work and applications on hilly terrain or with frequent load changes; easy-to-use option for less experienced operators.
Efficient, Powerful Engines
Powered by FPT with proven Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emission technology, Maxxum tractors deliver the efficient power needed to handle the multiple tasks of livestock and row crop operations, specialty crop production or roadside mowing. Turbocharged 4.5-L, 4-cylinder or 6.7-L, 6-cylinder aftercooled engines generate 116- to 145-rated horsepower (95 to 125 PTO horsepower). All Maxxum tractors feature the same wheelbase to help maintain stability and ride quality without sacrificing turn radius.
Common Rail Direct Injection
The latest fuel-injection technology offers several advantages, including faster throttle response, improved power performance, increased efficiency and cleaner emissions.
Sometimes in tough conditions — such as mobile hydraulic or mobile PTO and transport applications — you need a little extra power. All Maxxum tractors help you meet those demands without losing speed and productivity by automatically delivering a boost of up to 24 horsepower on the 4-cylinder models and up to 17 horsepower on the 6-cylinder model.
Tier 4 B/Final With SCR-only Solution
SCR is a simple system that maximizes engine power and treats exhaust outside of the engine to eliminate pollutants. The result: Engines with more power, greater fuel economy, increased durability and reliability and longer service intervals. SCR is the most efficient and powerful diesel emission-control technology available.
Maxxum: Transmission Options
Maxxum series tractors are available with three transmissions — ActiveDrive 4 semi-powershift, ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission and CVXDrive continuously variable transmission. Learn about which transmission is right for your operation.
ACTIVEDRIVE 4 SEMI-POWERSHIFT (SPS)
Featuring 4 powershift gears in 4 ranges, proven 16- or 17-speed SPS transmissions are ideal for applications that require less speed variances. The eco-powershift transmission achieves top speeds at lower engine rpm to save fuel during transport applications. An autoshift option allows the tractor to shift within a given range. It’s an excellent way to help reduce operator fatigue during applications with frequent load changes, such as working hilly terrain. The optional creeper is available for MFD and 2WD models.
2WD Maxxum models:
16x16, 19 mph peak speed
Creeper speed is available with the 16x16 transmission on MFD Maxxum models: 528 feet per hour (0.1 mph) minimum target speed at rated engine RPM
MFD Maxxum models offer three SPS options:
16x16, 25 mph peak speed
17x16 Eco, 25 mph peak speed
17x16, 30 mph peak speed
ACTIVEDRIVE 8 DUAL-CLUTCH TRANSMISSION
The new ActiveDrive 8 transmission delivers uninterrupted torque through more working speeds, faster shuttle shifts and simplified shifting. This 24-speed transmission features eight powershift speeds in three electronically shifted ranges. The middle range (B) offers working speeds between 2.4 and 10.7 mph without torque interruptions, making it the ideal range for 90 percent of field applications.
Optional creeper speed is available
722 feet per hour minimum target speed at rated engine RPM
ActiveDrive 8 transmission includes new automated features such as smart range shift, memory shuttle, brake-to-clutch and smooth shift to simplify speed selection and reduce operator fatigue.
Maxxum ActiveDrive 8 (115, 125, 135, 145, 150)
3x24 Eco, 25 mph peak speed
24x24, 31 mph peak speed
CVXDRIVE CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION
The user-friendly CVXDrive continuously variable transmission provides smooth, seamless speed changes through varying conditions. Featuring the same technology as our high-horsepower Puma®, Optum™, Magnum® and Steiger®series tractors, the CVXDrive continuously adjusts to maintain the desired speed under any load. It’s an ideal transmission for loader work, baling hay or roading.
Maxxum CVXDrive and Maxxum MultiController CVXDrive (models 115, 125, 135, 145)
Standard CVXDrive: 25 mph peak speed
Optional CVXDrive: 30 mph peak speed
Standard CVXDrive split-throttle control
An easy-to-set and easy-to-use split-throttle design allows for fuel savings during lower power demands. Simply set working speed and rpm, and the CVT automatically selects the most efficient transmission ratio for the desired speed or load — no manual clutching or shifting needed.
Standard active stop
Provides a powered neutral that prevents tractor movement, even with fully loaded trailers, such as grain carts or bale movers, on hills or steep inclines.